WALX With Sole is a Reading based walking group that thrives on fresh air fitness.
We exercise the soul on the souls!
We offer a variety of walks, including the popular nordic walks, to entice everyone outdoors for more than just an adventure. We read the maps so you can relax and enjoy the chatter and scenery. It’s maximum smileage in Mother Nature’s gym.
- Walking for 30 minutes a day or more on most days of the week is a great way to improve or maintain your overall health.
- If you can’t manage 30 minutes a day, remember ‘even a little is good, but more is better’.
- Walking with others can turn exercise into an enjoyable social occasion.
Walking is a fabulous way to improve or maintain your mental and physical health and wellbeing. Just 30 minutes every day can increase cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones, reduce excess body fat, and boost muscle power and endurance. It can also reduce your risk of developing conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and some cancers.
Walking is low impact, requires minimal equipment, can be done at any time of day and can be performed at your own pace. You can get out and walk without worrying about the risks associated with some more vigorous forms of exercise. Walking is also a great form of physical activity for people who are overweight, elderly, or who haven’t exercised in a long time.
Being part of a club can help you in so many ways too. It reduces periods of time spent alone, it encourages extra calories to burn off with the chatting and giggling, plus you do not have to worry about getting lost or not feeling motivated. As WALX Guides we empower you to take control of your health, both physically and mentally. Our walks are usually 1 hour and we do have longer explorer or workout sessions.
- Explorer WALX – exploring new places and enjoying a cuppa and cake or pub stop.
- Total Body WALX – working out the whole body with a variety of fun equipment (suitable for all)
- Wellness WALX – gentle paced walks suitable for those who like a slow pace or recovering. These are often wheel chair friendly too.
- Nordic WALX – this is for our Freedom Passport members who have been taught to Nordic Walk and understand the power of the poles. We do have taster sessions and beginner courses.
- Our WALX can include Chi Fusion, Freestyle Fitness Yoga, Smoveys, ProXwalkers, Power WALX, for example.
- Why not also try out our Chi Fusion WALX, or Woodland Escapes, with Qi breathing, movement and mindfulness.
You can also have a go at Pole Walx, using the Nordic walking techniques. For your safety this should be taught by a qualified Nordic Walking Instructor or WALX Master, We keep you safe and reduce the risk of injury.
Nordic WALX is the original exhilarating cheeky exercise in disguise without the huff n puff.
Increase the calorie burn by 40% by adding poles to your walk and work your upper body AND lower body at the same time! Nordic walking is a technical fitness walk and with the correct instruction and class engagement, you will be giggling your way to a fitter happier you. Release the endorphins, the body’s own laughter chemicals and feel stress just melt away. There are regular Beginner and Advanced Courses to help get you started.
So whether you want to walk for fitness, fun or simply to be in the great outdoors, join now and explore WALX that are welcoming, well organised and inspirational… wherever you may be.
Join one of our Drop-in WALX to find out more and take your first steps into a world of WALX.